Results 1 to 1 of 1
  1. #1
    Runner Up - Admins Awards
    Join Date
    Dec 2009


    Default Don't interfere in running IPL: BCCI

    Follow us on Social Media

    BCCI president Shashank Manohar, who consigned IPL chairman Lalit Modi to the history books with a simple email fired early Monday, also had a terse message for the tweet-happy fanchises.

    The no-nonsense cricket boss made it clear he didn't want to enter into a debate with the IPL team-owners, but advised them to mind their own business.

    "I would like to remind all concerned that the IPL doesn't belong to any individual. It remains a BCCI property and we don't want anybody's advise on who should run the tournament or how to go about organising it. The IPL's governance is BCCI's prerogative," Manohar told TOI.

    "Chirayu Amin (the interim IPL chief) is an industrialist himself and is well-versed in corporate governance. He is the right person to head the IPL," he added.

    Manohar also cautioned about the pitfalls ahead. "The I-T authorities have raised serious issues, including that of foreign exchange violations and money laundering. We welcome a thorough investigation into any such deal pertaining to the IPL and we will cooperate with concerned government agency on these issues," Manohar said.

    The clinical precision with which the BCCI removed Modi has left a few franchises shaken. Jai Mehta, co-owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders, has much explaining to do, both to the BCCI as well as the I-T authorities.

    According to papers seized by taxmen after searching the franchise's offices in Kolkata and Mumbai, Mehta owns 25% stake in KKR through his Mauritius-based firm, Sea Island Investments. His wife Juhi owns 20% while Shah Rukh Khan holds the remaining 55%.
    The papers also revealed that Mehta, a British citizen, came aboard KKR only in 2009. However, documents with the BCCI show that Shah Rukh owns a whopping 80% of the stake in KKR while Juhi has the remaining 20%. There is no mention of Mehta. Interestingly, the sole signatory on behalf of Red Chillies Entertainment to the 2008 agreement with the IPL/BCCI is Gauri, Shah Rukh's wife.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts